The adhesives on self adhesive labels are sensitive to temperature and moisture, and should be applied as recommended below:
Recommendations for Applying Self Adhesive Labels
- Check that the application surface is smooth, clean, dry and free of dust, water, oils, waxes and silicone sprays. It should preferably be above 10 degrees Celsius. If necessary and appropriate, clean the surface using a little Iso Propyl Alcohol, available as a fluid or convenient disposable wipes.
- Make sure that the storage, application, service temperature and humidity are correct for the adhesive being used. Most correctly stored labels should have a shelf life of 2 years. If the label storage temperature is less than 10 degrees Celsius it will detrimentally affects the label adhesive (see article on How to Choose the Right Adhesive for Your Labels. In general, warmer storage and application temperatures give better results.
- The adhesive takes at least 24 hours to “set” and gain its full strength. If the label does not stick for any reason, then check conditions in step 1 again as it is most likely that there is a problem with the application surface.
- Do not clean the labels with any organic solvents, cleaners or anything but a gentle wipe with a damp cloth. The use of organic chemicals may harm the label material, adhesive or print.
- Make sure that sufficient pressure is used when applying the labels as most adhesives are pressure sensitive.
About Majestic Labels
Majestic Labels manufactures, prints and supplies plain and full colour self adhesive labels
to a wide variety of industries.Get your self adhesive labels
direct from the manufacturer and know you are getting labels
of the highest quality at the best price! More about custom self adhesive label manufacturers